Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Sunday is for Frisbees?



Scott, Bailey, and me in our Easter Sunday best
 I'm so excited for when Will and Christi (Scott's brother and wife) do finally get to move to Austin from Knoxville.  I look forward to the many memories our family will make with their family.  But for now we have to settle for the few days that we get to visit them at various times throughout the year.  It seems to be that we get to see them 3 times a year because we just can't stand being apart for too long.

Bailey and Christi










 Bailey adores Christi and I feel so lucky to have an amazing sister-in-law.  On Saturday, Christi and I witnessed a car accident that could have easily been us.  Christi, being the compassionate woman that she is leaped out of my car and raced over to the Pathfinder.  Thankfully all involved were okay, but Christi patiently waited with the driver of the Pathfinder until she was confident that the driver had someone coming from her and would be okay.  Christi even hugged her before we left!  I guess that's the counselor in her!  Growing up, I hope that Bailey will learn empathy from Christi, since she won't learn it from her mommy.  I try, I really do!

 

 This Easter Sunday we celebrated the resurrection of our Lord with them at our new sanctuary at church.  Then it was back to the Roberson house for some grub.  Scott's dad, Wayne and his other brother, Travis came up, too. After some grub and a nap (me and Bailey), we headed to the park to toss the frisbee.  Bailey was not interested at all.  All she wanted to do was collect rocks and sticks.  Of course being a Roberson, Scott had to make a challenge out of something as simple as tossing a frisbee.  We had to catch 10 tosses in a row before calling it quits on frisbee. 

Once we finally achieved our goal I had to snap a pic of the brothers.

                   Then Scott suggested we take a picture similar to one from Will's wedding.  I got this one on the first take.

Bailey and Christi headed over to the pond to check out the water.  I told ya Bailey was a water baby. Then the train came by and Bailey said, "I hear train!"  Yes, the train tracks run right behind my house.  I don't hardly notice the noise anymore, but if we are at the park the train usually comes by and Bailey loves that!
Christi and Bailey watching the train

Travis, Christi, and Bailey
 After we were done at the park, either Will or Scott suggested we head to another park (basically a very large open field) to see who can throw the frisbee the farthest.  No, I'm not kidding and yes these are men in their thirties.  Bailey loved running around on the field, but she was starting to turn into a diva.  Little did I know that it was because she was just hungry.  I guess it had been a while since lunch.  Oops, bad mommy moment on my part.  I was just having such a blast tossing the frisbee and taking pictures.  
Will admiring his throw
Anyway, you can see from the picture below the extremely large field.  I'm not exactly sure who actually won this contest.  At one point Scott challenged Christi and I to see who could throw the farthest.  I actually wound up almost decapitating her because I forgot to let go.  Ha!  Yes, I can kick a soccer ball like nobody's business, but that does NOT mean I can successfully chunk a frisbee.

Will and Scott getting ready to show the big field who's boss
 Besides Bailey's total diva meltdown it was quite a fun evening.  I was very sad to see Will and Christi go back to Knoxville and of course Scott and I are already trying to figure out when we will see them next.
o


No comments:

Post a Comment