Sunday, June 3, 2012

Wedding Weekend


Over Memorial weekend, Bailey and I traveled up to Denton with my parents to see my cousin, Brad get married.  Bailey did so well on the trip up, which what I was mostly worried about.  I was smart enough to download Curious George onto the iPad and she watched it most of the way up there.  Curious George is her new favorite movie and by favorite I mean that she watches it every day and always asks for it.  AND has a huge monkey, as you can see in the picture that she carries with her EVERYWHERE.  The monkey's name is Monkey (in case you were wondering).  I know, soooo original. 


Anyway, we got to the hotel and hung out with Aunt Katie for a little bit.  And of course she watched more Curious George on the iPad with Monkey sitting next to her.  This wasn't the first time that Bailey and I took a trip somewhere without Scott, but it WAS the first time that she has stayed in a hotel room.  So it was just me and Bailey in the hotel room by ourselves.  It was quite the adventure!

 Later that night we headed to the wedding.  Bailey would NOT leave Monkey behind, so she carried her furry, oversized friend with her into the ceremony.  I wasn't about to have her throw a fit right before the ceremony.  She did so well through the whole thing, holding Monkey in one hand, and her pacifier in her mouth.  I was very proud to be her mommy.  Of course, the wedding was beautiful.  I wish I had pictures of the ceremony, but it was way too hard to hold Bailey in my lap and take decent pictures.Then it was on to the reception, which was right next door.  Bailey only threw one fit the entire weekend, which is pretty good for a 2 year old.  The fit came her only at the reception before most people were even there.  All I had to say was, "Wanna go for a walk?" and she jumped up and walked with me.  I think she had been tired of sitting. 

Of course as the night continued Bailey had a total blast dancing the night away.  She danced all the way until about 11:30 when she finally crashed in my dad's arms.  She was so exhausted from all that dancing that she snored so hard that night I had to nudge her.

The next day, we went shopping, took naps, and ate (of course).  We went to eat at Babes (I think).  We hung out a little bit at the cute "downtown" area right next door.  Bailey really wanted to ride the horse, but I put a quarter in and it didn't work.  So she pretended to ride and it made horse noises.  As you can see Monkey is riding with her!

 All in all, it was a wonderful weekend, spent with my amazing family.  Bailey had lots of new experiences and it was so much fun!






1 comment:

  1. looks like a wonderful weekend! So proud of Bailey on how well she did at the wedding! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete