Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sea World


 We finally got to take Bailey to Sea World this summer.  I had wanted to go last year, but we never got around to it (the truth is Scott didn't want to deal with the heat).  Of course, now that Bailey is older he was totally willing to deal with it this summer.  The fact that teachers get in for free helped, too.  We went with our friends, Michael and Jenny, and their daughter Rhyan.  Thank goodness they brought a wagon because the girls sat in that most of the time.

First thing on the list was feeding the dolphins, which was my favorite!  I LOVE dolphins, so I was excited to see that Bailey enjoyed seeing them up close and feeding them.  It was super hot at that time and I was about to jump into the water with the dolphins, so thankfully soon after that we headed to the little water area there.

 Of course, being the water baby that she is, Bailey loved this part of our trip.  Scott chased her around while I just took pictures.  I love it when that's all that I have to do!
 After that we headed to see Shamu.  By then it was way past Bailey's naptime, so I think she was mostly out of it because she just sat and stared at Shamu.  Not a lot of cheering or much of anything besides staring.
 We were soon watching Elmo's Rock Show (or whatever it's called), which I thought Bailey would be squealing for and jumping up and down.  Again, just a lot of staring, but I could tell she enjoyed herself because at one point of the show they invite all the kids down to the front and she jumped at that idea.
 As you can see from the picture below she is up close!  She's to the left of Elmo's foot.  I thought she was going to jump up on stage with Elmo.
 After that we saw the penguins and then it was time to go home.  Here's Bailey hogging the wagon with her Shamu that she kept calling a dolphin.
*Excuse the pictures.  They were taken with my old point-and-shoot and I enjoyed just snapping pictures without thinking.  I wasn't about to deal with my DSLR that day.  I gotta admit, it was quite freeing!

No comments:

Post a Comment