Saturday, May 5, 2012

What's in a Name?

It took Scott and me forever to come up with a girl name we could both agree on.  Boy names were not a problem.  We had settled on Brady if Bailey had been a girl.  And as I had mentioned before I was positive I was going to have a boy.  But, God has a sense of humor!  I had really liked the name Bailey for a girl, but had friends that had dogs named Bailey, so I wasn't so sure about that.  But I kept going back to Bailey.  The other problem was that we could not agree on a middle name.  I had always liked the name Elaine because that is my sister's middle name.  I wanted some part of her name to be a family name.  But we didn't like how Bailey Elaine sounded.  So of course we went back and forth.  Well, it was finally the day of the ultrasound to see if we were having a boy or girl.  And again, I was totally convinced they would tell us it was a boy and completely ready to name him Brady.  Well, on the way to the doctor's office we drove past a street called Bailey Lane.  The doctor's office is actually on the corner of Bailey Lane.  No joke!  And there is a park right by the hospital where I delivered Bailey called Bailey Park.  So once I saw that I told Scott, "It's gonna be girl and we're gonna name her Bailey Laine."  Well, you know the rest of the story.  They told us we were having a girl and we named her Bailey Laine.  You know how some people are their name?  Well, Bailey is definitely a Bailey.  I can't imagine her having any other name!

No comments:

Post a Comment