Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The best pics are not planned

My poor husband and daughter are probably sick of seeing me pull my shiny, black camera out of my bag.  I know they are also tired of hearing, "Can we take some pictures?".  Recently, I found a new beautiful park to take pictures of my family.  The park is kind of a dream for someone like me that LOVES to take pictures.  The trees create a canopy effect over the walking path that leads to a picturesque bridge over a creek.   So, of course, on our day off together I suggested we go check out this park and take pictures.  We could just drive over to the park, walk the trail, and take some great father-daughter pictures of the two of them.  I wish it were that easy!

Just a short side note-my daughter hates wearing shirts.  Whenever she's at home she asks us to take her shirt off of her.  For now it's not a problem, she's only two, but of course some day soon this trend better stop.  Like say, when she goes to kindergarten, but we've got three more years until that happens, so we're probably okay.  Anyway, she would not get into the car to go to the park with her shirt on.  So...I got her packed into the car assuming that Scott was bringing her shirt.  Well, we get to the park, which is a 10 minute drive from our house and realize we left her shirt at the house.  Luckily, there was a red zip-up jacket in the car, which I figured would do for our father-daughter pictures.  They were just for fun anyway, right?


As we start our walk down this fairy tale of a path, Bailey starts to whine about her jacket and we (actually her father) obligingly let her take it off.  So much for cute father-daughter pictures, but you gotta pick your battles. 


Well, the no shirt look actually worked out for pictures.  I got some amazing pictures of her even without her shirt on.  Ha!


  It just goes to show that some of the best pictures are not planned!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you are starting a blog!!! It's been my dream as well (and I actually started one a year or so ago and by start I mean signed up). Now I have one and hopefully we will encourage each other to keep up with it!!

    I love the name by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that last picture of her and her dad! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her eyes area amazing in the 4th picture! Yay for your new blog :)

    ReplyDelete