Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas

Well, it's been a while since I've posted and quite a bit has happened.  I've mostly been busy with my new part-time photography business, Becky Roberson Photography.  It's been very exciting and rewarding, but has kept me extremely busy during an already busy time of year.  So I've have been quite the slacker in the blogging department.  I completely skipped over Thanksgiving.  Yikes, oh well.

It had been a while since I went to the Trail of Lights, but we decided to go with some friends Opening Night.  Big mistake!  We spent an hour on the shuttle bus to the Trail of Lights, then we got in line with the rest of the herd group of people to walk at a snail's pace through the lights.  The best part of the night was when our friend's baby had a poopy diaper on the shuttle ride over there.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't enjoyable, but I laughed so hard that my stomach hurt!  The rest of the night was definitely lacking in the laughter department.  Needless to say, we probably won't be doing the Trail of Lights for a LONG time!


Our church had a birthday party for Jesus, which was super fun.  Scott and I took Bailey to enjoy some Christmas crafts and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus.  She was so cute making her Christmas tree.  She's very much like Scott.  She works carefully, doesn't rush, and wants everything precise.

Anyway, we did quite a bit during the Christmas holiday.  It didn't help that my school didn't get out until the Friday before Christmas.  So, it felt pretty rushed.  We spent the weekend before Christmas Day with both sides of my family.  Then, we spent Christmas Day with Scott's family.  Katie and Adam were in Indiana during the Christmas holiday, so we didn't get to see them during the Bergfeld/Sexton Christmases.  So, my parents, Bailey, and I traveled to Midland to spend some time with them.  Bailey had a great time enjoying her special birthday party her Aunt Katie threw for her.

Christmas Eve at Woodlawn

Opening up gifts from Santa

She wore her baker's outfit from Santa all day


Singing Christmas carols with her cousins

Scott barely fit in that tent

Bergfeld Christmas
It's tough having a daughter whose birthday is very near Christmas.  I think she thinks her birthday was a month long.  And don't get me started on all the toys.  Yikes!  She's a very lucky little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment